The HydraFacial® Company Sweepstakes and Giveaway Terms and Conditions
The HydraFacial Company (“HydraFacial”) runs sweepstakes, contests, promotions, and/or giveaways from time to time (“Sweepstakes”) under which certain participants may win products and/or prizes. Your participation in a Sweepstakes will be subject to and governed by the terms and conditions set forth below, and – if and as applicable – the respective rules for an individual Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Official Rules”).
To the extent social media channels (including YouTube, Snapchat, Facebook, or Instagram) have their own promotion rules too (which may be posted on the respective social media platform’s site), those rules will be in addition to the Official Rules. HydraFacial does not control those additional rules.
As an overview, and unless otherwise stated for a particular Sweepstakes, here is a brief summary of the Official Rules (with the full rules immediately following):
• No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to win a Sweepstakes.
• Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
• Sweepstakes are open to legal residents of the United States. (we’ll get some out to the rest of the world soon – just working out compliance with the laws of other countries, and need some time to get there)..
• To enter a Sweepstakes, you must be 18 years or older.
• Sweepstakes are void where prohibited.
• Sweepstakes winners are randomly selected amongst all other entries in that Sweepstakes.
• Sweepstakes must be entered in a specific timeframe. The beginning and end of the contest will be stated for each individual Sweepstakes.
• We are collecting consumer information as a part of our Sweepstakes. We may use information we gather about you (including your Social Media information) for use in the future.
• If the winning prize in a Sweepstakes is a skincare treatment, then (i) that treatment will be provided by an affiliated provider of HydraFacial® services, (ii) the affiliated provider may have additional requirements applicable for that treatment (including certain medical considerations). As its not known who will win any such prize (or where they are located, which will dictate where such services are provided and who the affiliated provider is), winners are required to inquire with the affiliated provider that they will visit to consider such additional applicable terms and conditions.
• We’re trying to promote our company, our brand, and our products, and give some free stuff away along the way. You can’t sue us if you don’t win a prize, or don’t like your prize, but you will be responsible if you take some act that causes us or the platforms we’re on harm (such as computer hacks or the like).
From time to time, HydraFacial may sponsor a Sweepstakes itself or with one or more additional third parties (with each of HydraFacial and such third party being referred to here as a “Sponsor”, and – collectively – as the “Sponsors”).
To participate in a particular Sweepstakes, entrants submit content and/or information (each submission, an “Entry” or collectively, “Entries”) according to the specifications described for the individual Sweepstakes (e.g., following the Sponsors, and posting or liking content, on the designated social media platform).
The Sponsors will – in their sole discretion (but fairly as we aim to be good people 😊) – choose one or multiple winners, as the particular Sweepstakes may specify, from among the Entries.
Unless otherwise specified for a particular Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes are open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
As a global company, we look forward to offering similar sweepstakes, contests, promotions, and/or giveaways in all of the markets that we’re in soon, but we’re working out the details of how all that works (under local laws), and – accordingly – have these Sweepstakes in the US only for now.
Employees of Sponsor and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible.
Sweepstakes are subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
No purchase is necessary to participate in any Sweepstakes.
2. Agreement to Official Rules.
Participation in a Sweepstakes constitutes any participating entrant’s (each, an “Entrant”) full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with the Official Rules and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein and in the rules for a particular Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period (Timeframes).
The Sweepstakes begins and ends on the dates and times as specified for the particular Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Period”). No Entries will be accepted in any Sweepstakes before the Sweepstakes Period begins or after the Sweepstakes Period ends. Sponsor reserves the right to change, modify, or extend the Sweepstakes Period if and as Sponsor deems necessary. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time (but we’ll always aim to avoid that as we like to give away goodies 😊).
4. How to Enter.
Sweepstakes may be available on a Sponsor website or on a website or other platform operated by one or more third parties (such website or platform, the “Platform”), as stated in the applicable Sweepstakes rules. An Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes in accordance with the following requirements:
• Submission of Entries. Entry will be available only by visiting or using the Platform during the Sweepstakes Period and following the directions required for an Entry. The Platform is subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of electronic communications, and Sponsors are not responsible for such issues.
• Number of Entries. There will be a limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period, unless otherwise stated in the particular Sweepstakes rules. Entries received in excess of the stated limitation will be void.
5. Use of Information.
Entrant consents that any information submitted with an Entry, including Entrant’s email address, may be utilized by the Sponsors to send additional promotional and marketing messages. Further, Entrant expressly acknowledges that Sponsors may share such information with other third parties as stated in the Sweepstakes rules for such promotion, including to Prize suppliers.
6. Prize Winners.
• Selection. Unless otherwise specified for a particular Sweepstakes, all Potential Prize Recipients (as defined below) will be chosen by random chance drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
• Winners. In each Sweepstakes, Sponsor will choose one or more winners (each, a “Winner”) per the respective criteria for that Sweepstakes (which may be by way of a fully random selection).
• Notification; Conditions of Receipt. The Winner(s) will be notified through their social media account. Winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements herein. If a Winner cannot be contacted, or in any way conflicts with the Official Rules, the Winner forfeits the applicable Prize (as defined below). In such an event, Sponsor may award the respective Prize to an alternate entrant via a chance drawing, though it is under no obligation to do so.
• Taxes. Winners shall be solely responsible for the payment of any and all taxes in connection with their receipt of a Prize. Entrant may, as a condition of receipt of a Prize, be required to provide a social security number for purposes of issuance of an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, a copy of which will be filed with the IRS.
• The particular Sweepstakes rules shall specify the respective prize to be awarded (“Prize”).
• Sponsors may engage a third party to supply and fulfill the Prize for a Sweepstakes (the “Prize Supplier”); notably if the Prize is a HydraFacial® treatment (we have affiliate providers all over the world). The Prize Supplier will be identified after the Winner is identified (so that we can find a Prize Supplier proximate to that Winner). When a Prize Supplier is utilized for a Sweepstakes, such Prize Supplier shall be solely responsible for the content of the Prize and the fulfillment thereof to the Winner.
• Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or exchangeable for any other prize.
• Sponsor makes no warranty with respect to any Prize, and – at all times – reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal of greater value.
8. Grant of License; Publicity Consent.
Entrants hereby grant to Sponsor a royalty-free license to use his/her Entry in any manner the Sponsor deems necessary, reasonable, and/or appropriate in connection with the advertising, marketing, and promotion of its brand, company, and/or the Sweepstakes and throughout the Platform. Entrant hereby expressly consents to the use of his/her personal information or other information, such as name, voice or likeness, in advertising, promotional, and marketing materials; including identification as a Winner of a Sweepstakes.
9. Representations and Warranties of Entrant.
In connection with the submittal of each Entry in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant hereby represents and warrants to Sponsors that: (a) Entrant has the full power and authority to deliver its Entry in compliance with the Official Rules; (b) the Official Rules are a legally valid and binding obligation of Entrant; (c) Entrant is the rightful owner of any and all information he/she submits with an Entry; and (d) the Entry submitted by Entrant does not contain any known trojan horses, viruses, worms, “lock-up” codes, protecting codes, or other internal devices or mechanisms which are intended to halt, disrupt, restrict, or grant improper access to the Platform, Sponsors’ systems, or disrupt the Entries of others.
10. General Conditions.
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason (including – but not limited to – fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention, or other technical problem), or in the event the Sweepstakes is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion, the Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules, or (b) terminate the Sweepstakes (and, in the event of termination, award the Prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect Entries received in such Sweepstakes up to the time of the impairment). The Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of a Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the Platform or undermine the legitimate operation of a Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and – should such an attempt be made – Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and any other remedies at law and in equity from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsors to enforce any provision of the Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability.
We’re trying to promote our company, our brand, and our products, and give some free stuff away along the way. You can’t sue us if you don’t win a prize, or don’t like your prize, but you will be responsible if you take some act that causes us or the platforms we’re on harm (such as computer hacks or the like).
More specifically, by participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless each Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the Prizes (including any travel or activity related thereto); including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Sweepstakes, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) application downloads; (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of Entries, application downloads or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto); or (g) force majeure or acts beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors, including – but not limited – to acts of terrorism, earthquakes, acts of God, war, weather, labor shortages or disputes, embargo, riot, acts or omissions of vendors or suppliers, governmental act, or other acts beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors (including pandemics). Entrant further agrees that, in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including – but not limited to – punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in accordance with the dispute resolution provisions in the terms provided by any Prize Supplier respective to what a Winner receives, with the venue for any such dispute resolution to be Los Angeles County, California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules; Entrant’s rights and obligations; or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
 The HydraFacial Company is the d/b/a used by Edge Systems LLC, owner of the HydraFacial® name and brand.